Writing My Thesis in Chicago Style
Many different formats can be used to write a thesis. MLA Style, of writing works well with areas of literature and art. APA Style works well with scientific and psychological areas of study (psychology/sociology as well as biology/chemistry). Chicago Style of writing is used for general-assignment papers, thesis, and dissertation. The Chicago style of writing sometimes is abbreviated to CMS or CMOS.
Writing in Chicago Style Needs Few Specific Requirements
Take a look at some of them below:
- While working in Chicago Style one is free to use almost any type of paper.
- When typing it in computer Microsoft Word works well for formatting the requirements for Chicago Style.
- With every citation of sources requires at least the author’s name, article title, publication name, publication date, and pages that generated the idea or quotation.
- There should be one-inch margins on each side of the text page.
- Double space on all text except block quotations.
- Single spacing in the footnotes, endnotes and references is required.
- Number your pages in the upper right-hand corner of each page.
- Along with the Title in the title page include your name and the course.