Mathematics Thesis Writing in APA Style
APA style of thesis writing is commonly used for writing the social sciences, psychology, sociology, criminology, health sciences, business, economics, and education. When you are using this style of writing for your Mathematics Thesis Writing you need to pay attention to text style, font, size; paragraph alignment, interline spacing, indents; special paragraph types; footnotes, margin notes, etc.
A lot of the formatting techniques are required to differentiate certain elements from the rest of the text. A few important points to consider are:
- Use of standard 8.5″x11″ paper with one inch of margin on all four sides.
- Use of 12-point Times Roman or Courier is acceptable.
- Double-space every line, including references.
- Number all pages starting with the title page, except pages containing chart or figures.
- Pages are to be numbered in the upper right-hand corner.
- The use of first few words of the title to the left of the page number on every page.
- Align the pages as, each starting on a separate page: Title page (p. 1); Abstract (p. 2); Main text (starting on p. 3), References, Appendixes, Author note, Footnotes, Tables, Figure captions, Figures.
- While citing the references, start it on a new page.
- Provide the title “References” at the center on the top of the page.
- Double-space all references and use hanging indents.