Importance of Thesis Statement in your Thesis Writing
A thesis statement helps the reader to know what your essay or writing is about. It may be a single or a few sentences. It is not necessary that the thesis statement should be the first line of the first paragraph. It might appear in the first paragraph, or the last paragraph. In the beginning of thesis writing write a trial thesis statement, which you can change after the completion of work.
A thesis statement is a single declarative sentence that states what you want your readers to know, believe, or understand after having read your essay. In other words it can be said that the thesis statement is the main point you want to make in your essay.
The important steps to write a thesis statement
1. The thesis statement is a declarative sentence rather than a question.
2. The thesis sentence should lay idea and focus on a single topic.
3. The thesis statement should give a clear idea about the topic.
4. It should be stated in the beginning of the thesis or a the end.
5. Try making your thesis statement a positive statement rather than negative one.
6. Use active voice while writing your statement.
7. The statement should be clear and quite apparent.